Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I may have broken my toe today

A combination of inappopriate footwear, slippery concrete after last nights rainstorm and my own innate clumsiness has led to what may or may not be a broken toe.
The middle toe on my right foot won't bend, and its swelling... it doesn't hurt super bad, which leads me to believe that its not broken... but its also more crooked than it was before... which says, "I'm broken" to me.

Then again its hard to tell, one of my colleagues just said, "Well, honestly, all of your toes look like they're broken... I can't really tell." I can't really fault him for what was an honest assessment of the situation.

Of course, being in Sudan, there is no way to verify one way or another... Coincidently, I'll be in Nairobi on Monday, if its still crooked and stiff I'll get an x-ray.

Jen, Josh, will you still love me if I marry you in flats?

**note: my staff just told me that if my toe really is dislocated, the best cure is to have a woman who has given birth to twins snap it back into place very early in the morning. I'll be sleeping in socks tonight.


2 comments:

  1. Has someone already sent you this? http://www.npr.org/2011/04/17/135486358/cattle-rustling-a-deadly-business-in-sudan?ps=cprs

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have sell some products of different custom boxes.it is very useful and very low price please visits this site thanks and please share this post with your friends. custom toe socks

    ReplyDelete