Sunday, February 20, 2011

Zanzibar: Beach lazing

Tropical, white sandy beaches.
Turquoise waters.
Cabanas fanned by ocean breezes.
Attentive staff bringing you fruity drinks.
10 hours of lounging/ napping on a chaise, reading silly romance novels and not thinking about work.
This was a perfect day in Kendwa, a village at the northern end of Zanzibar’s main island. 
(and yes, I know how lucky I am)
beach cabanas.

This face says: satisfaction with life.

the view from my chaise.

yes, this really happened.
this is the incongruity of Africa, decadence and modernity side-by-side with tradition and poverty. (and yes, I am fully aware and not terribly proud of the neo-colonialism that oozed out of my very pores during this vacation... more on that in a blog post to come)



this is just pretty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment